Olga Široká Handmade wood carving from Seč
When Olga Široká was 10 years old, she cut a block in her mother's window with a knife. No one taught her to carve. The uncle was a shoemaker and the father was a skilled locksmith, so they had no shortage of tools at home. After the fish, the kitchen knife came next, and then the chisel. Working with chisels helped her cope with the loss of her father. First, she cut a witch out of a log, then puppets, etc.
Olga has been engaged in wood carving for more than thirty years. That's a lot of hours of work that no one is paying you for. But it is worth that brings relief and joy. Work that can heal.
He creates original wooden figurines from high-quality linden wood, sometimes reaching for walnut. The figurines are always made of one piece of wood. The figures represented are mainly fairy-tale characters, but also nativities and animals. He prefers to cut owls, angels and devils. He can win more with the devil.
- WGS-84: 49.851536002N, 15.65715909E
- Cadastral territory: Seč
- Village or Town/City: Seč
- District of Administration 2: Třemošnice
- District of Administration 3: Chrudim
- Region NUTS 4: Okres Chrudim
- Region NUTS 3: Pardubický kraj
- Region NUTS 2: Severovýchod
- Tourist region: 28 Chrudimsko - Hlinecko
- Destination: Východní Čechy